Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Stripes and Bubbles Cardigan

Another finished project.

The Stripes and Bubbles Cardigan by myhobbyiscrochet


I decided to try this out for Kinga, and I am glad I did.

This cardigan was a delight to crochet.  As always, Kinga's patterns are well laid out and easy to follow.  I managed to work up this cardi in a couple of hours, including making the flower, finding buttons, etc.  

The pattern calls for a 5mm and a 6mm crochet hook, and Red Heart Soft Baby Steps yarn.  I used Stylecraft Special Aran (Acrylic) and used a 4.5mm and a 5.5mm hook.  The end result was the exact measurements outlined in the pattern.

I particularly like that myhobbyiscrochet makes her patterns very easy to follow, with pictures and diagrams to help you along, and to show you what the end result should measure.  Very, very useful when having to use different yarns in the UK than those used in the USA.

**Edit:  Let me reword that last paragraph slightly - Kinga is actually in Germany, but I know she too will get the point that yarn thicknesses all over the world can differ a whole lot and thus the need for a gauge swatch before you start!  :) :) 

I recommend you give this pattern a go - I am sure you will love it.

AG :)