Sunday, 21 December 2014

Thank you! And Party On Dudes!

The past couple of days, since I made all my patterns free, some people have contacted me to share with me the things they have made using those patterns of mine.

They are all gorgeous!

I can't share the pictures here as they were sent to me privately, but I just want to say thank you to those who have used my patterns and sent me those pics to see how great they look when worn.

I can't tell you how that makes my day!


A short while ago, I had never written a pattern in my life.  I was still at the stage of crocheting granny squares and not much more.  Then someone encouraged me to write a pattern for a baby blanket.  So I did!  And that blanket has been a huge success.    You can find it here - it's the Easy Star Stitch Baby Blanket.

I've tried my hand at various designs since then - from hats to baby skirts and pants, diaper covers to little storage pots and kids sweaters.  Booties and blankets, scarves, gloves and shawls.   I've thoroughly enjoyed every one.  (OK some worked out better than others, but I am learning!  ;) :) )

Anyway, the long and the short of it is this:  I would never have done these things without your encouragement and support.  

Although it's nice to make a few spare pennies out of your work, the important thing to me is the sharing.  As Kim Guzman says, she "enables".  And I hope that I have enabled some of you to reach beyond your experience and try new things.  

Crochet is not just for grannies!  It's an art form, a real and beautiful skill.  I want to encourage you all to keep learning in that skill.  There is a huge satisfaction in creating something gorgeous out of a simple skein of yarn.  To work through all the frustration and see the end result being worn or displayed.

As we begin to head towards the end of this year and the start of another, let's all continue to encourage and enable each other, and make the world around us beautiful!

Next year brings all new challenges and projects, but let me say this once again: without you guys, I would never have pushed forward to learn and achieve all that I have this past year.

Thank you!

AG :)